On this page I will compile a list of questions which a person should know to handle a PHP interview. These are based on my personal experience.
PHP is gaining ground and number of jobs are also rising. In fact most of the companies are struggling to find good PHP candidates. In my view PHP is one of the easiest language on the EARTH, but its easiness has become its main weakness. Often people do not take it seriously, they just practice few things and go ahead with facing interviews. When companies are looking for a specific fields they need a person with good all round knowledge of the language.
Keeping this in mind I am compiling a list of normal items and questions which a person who is aspiring to be a good PHP developer should know.
- Why PHP is suitable for web development?
- Can we do other type of development in PHP?
- if cookies are disabled in a browser, session will work or not? If Not, why? and if yes, do we need to something specific in php configuration?
- What are the main different between mysql_fetch_row and mysql_fetch_array functions?
- What is the fourth parameter of mysql_connect function and what is the use of this?
- How you normally handled page permissions?
- What is different between hashing and encryption?
- Can I retrieve my password from a site which store password in md5 format?
- What are the security issues if we enable super globals in our php.ini file?
- What the major issues you have faced while working with GD library? (This question validate candidate’s real experience)
- What is the difference between explode and split?
- Which PHP Framework you have used mostly?
- What is the use of “global” identifier?
- What the magic functions in PHP?
- Does PHP 4 have any magic functions?
- How can I send http referer information in my curl request?
- How can I send attachment with my email?
- How can we work with different language in PHP?
(Few questions are tricky questions and really don’t have any answers)
- 15 Questions about Magento Ecommerce System - I am enlisting 15 questions related to Magento ecommerce system. If you can answer these questions, you can consider yourself as a good beginner in Magento. To understand Magento you should cover at least following areas : Store Management Product Management Category Management Inventory Management Understanding of product variables Layout… …
- 26 questions about Object Oriented Programming in PHP - 1. What is object oriented programming? 2. How PHP supports object oriented programming? Tell us about syntax etc. 3. What are main features and benefits of object oriented programming? 4. How object oriented programming is different from procedural programming? 5. What is inheritance? How it is implemented in PHP? 6.… …
- 44 questions about Database Programming in PHP - 1. What is Sqlite? 2. Why sqlite is being called inbuilt database in PHP? 3. How mysql can be installed? 4. How mysql can be configured? 5. What are best features of MYsql? 6. How many types of storage engine mysql supports? 7. What is different between mysql_fetch_row and mysql_fetch_array… …
- 13 questions about PHP configuration options - 1. How PHP configurations can be changed? 2. What are major configuration values which we usually may want to change? 3. Mention the types of values which we can set in configuration values? 4. Can we use the ini_set function anywhere in our script? 5. Can we change and restore… …
- 28 questions about PHP programming in general - 1. How PHP is different from other programming language? 2. What are basic and main features of PHP? 3. A brief history of PHP? 4. Can we use the PHP for desktop application development? 5. What are PHP data types? 6. How we can install the PHP on windows? 7.… …
- 16 questions about File uploading and Form handling in PHP programming - 1. Do we need to do something specific to do form handling in PHP? 2. How file uploading has to be enabled in a HTML form? 3. How PHP handles file uploading process? 4. What are configuration variables available in PHP for forms? 5. What configuration variables available in PHP… …