I am enlisting 15 questions related to Magento ecommerce system. If you can answer these questions, you can consider yourself as a good beginner in Magento.
To understand Magento you should cover at least following areas :
- Store Management
- Product Management
- Category Management
- Inventory Management
- Understanding of product variables
- Layout and themes
- Cache Management
- Backup and Restoration of Backup
- Extension Overview
1. What is Magento and how it is different from other e-commerce solutions available in the market?
2. How to create new Magento extensions?…
1. What is Sqlite?
2. Why sqlite is being called inbuilt database in PHP?
3. How mysql can be installed?
4. How mysql can be configured?
5. What are best features of MYsql?
6. How many types of storage engine mysql supports?
7. What is different between mysql_fetch_row and mysql_fetch_array functions?
8. How mysql databases can be optimized or repaired?
9. Can we used stored procedure and triggers in mysql? Give details.
10. How transactions can be done in mysql?
1. How PHP configurations can be changed?
2. What are major configuration values which we usually may want to change?
3. Mention the types of values which we can set in configuration values?
4. Can we use the ini_set function anywhere in our script?
5. Can we change and restore the configuration value to its original form from a script?
6. What are error reporting settings? How they affect the script?
7. What are session related settings in PHP?
8. What are database related settings?…
1. How PHP is different from other programming language?
2. What are basic and main features of PHP?
3. A brief history of PHP?
4. Can we use the PHP for desktop application development?
5. What are PHP data types?
6. How we can install the PHP on windows?
7. How we can install the PHP on Linux?
8. How we can install the PHP on Mac?
9. How PHP is platform independent?
10. How we can customize the PHP behaviour in our installation?…
1. Do we need to do something specific to do form handling in PHP?
2. How file uploading has to be enabled in a HTML form?
3. How PHP handles file uploading process?
4. What are configuration variables available in PHP for forms?
5. What configuration variables available in PHP for file uploading?
6. What are register_globals in PHP and how these are related to forms?
7. How form data can be accessed in a PHP script?
8. How form data can be secure from bad user inputs?…
Optimization of database tables in mysql is a process which has to be carried out regularly to make your database in good health.
According to mysql manual,
OPTIMIZE TABLE should be used if you have deleted a large part of a table or if you have made many changes to a table with variable-length rows (tables that have VARCHAR, VARBINARY, BLOB, or TEXT columns). Deleted rows are maintained in a linked list and subsequent INSERT operations reuse old row positions. You can use OPTIMIZE TABLE to reclaim the unused space and to defragment the data file.
Recently I have done few projects where sites were growing rapidly in terms of functionalities and their current wordpress structure was not good enough to handle those changes. I am going to write about the summary of these personal experiences in this series of articles. I will summarize the steps and work I have done to do this migration.
We should not do something because we can, should only do if need is there. So before starting it is necessary to understand if you really need the migration from WordPress to Drupal.…
Hi, I have created a page on my this blog named PHP Interview Questions on which I will compile a list of questions which I normally asks to my candidates. I am not worried about leaking my questions strategy as I know only a good person can handle my supplementary questions I asked on the spot.…
I got several messages that I should point out a list of topics which a developer should know in wordpress to categorize him/her as a wordpress programmer.
“WordPress Programmer” or “WordPress Developer” terms can be new to someone but due its popularity, term is getting attention and several companies are doing hiring based on wordpress experience only.
So in this post I am just enlisting some points which a wordpress programmer should know.
- How to install wordpress? (Yes it really easy but you should know that :))
- How to edit config file of wordpress if needed?
First in the series of my experiments with Open Source CMS, today I will write about my experiments with wordpress as PHP developer.
I heard about wordpress long ago but have used it on large scale since year 2007. I have created some custom setups so different domains can run from same code base. I have also created lots of plugins to handle content customization, displaying different source content like google maps, creating automated posts with different source database, url customizations and lots of things.…
In this article, I am going to write about the functions using which you can get the information about php functions.
For a full list of PHP functions you can visit http://www.zend.com/phpfunc/
Using these functions you can query the stats/status of your functions, these functions are very useful in dynamic application creation.
For example, using func_get_arg and func_num_args functions you can simulate the function overloading in PHP.
Read a good example for http://www.dubi.org/php-function-overloading
Functions I will write in this article are :-
You want to how many functions are in your installation of PHP, just call this function, it will return an array of all php functions you can call.…
As PHP is gaining the ground in India, numbers of initial level jobs are also increasing day by day. Almost every day I got questions from new comers how they can learn PHP? Which training institute is providing the training in PHP?
Unfortunately almost all major player of training industry in India, specially Delhi are still not doing much (I should nothing) in this regard.
So I am thinking about organizing PHP training camps in and around Delhi in this summer, If you would like to be in that camp, I would request you for sending a message via my contact us page.…
This question again struck me today, somebody just throw a simple question about EXPLAIN statement in MySQL and in hast I relate that to DESCRIBE. When that person cut the line of phone, I suddenly realize my mistake.
I am working with PHP and MySQL since last seven years then why this happen to me? This is because I am not using MySQL frequently, although it is the integral part of almost every application I am working on. I am fairly away from MySQL queries because I am using my factory classes or framework like cakephp which does not require me to write the SQL queries.…
PHP 5 is in the market since many years, but it still has to capture the market.
Why? Is it not efficient version of PHP language?
What are main reasons behind slow-adoption of PHP version 5.
I am compiling a list of reasons; you can also send me the reason why you have moved to PHP5 or why you are not able to do that?
I will write about that list in my coming articles.…